Would you like to see Pogba in the Barça shirt?

Transfers
Arvin — 2015-04-02T16:55:39Z — #1

As you may know many culés want to se Pogba in the Barça shirt and Spanish papers are making up stories about a pre-contract between him and Barça. What do you think? Is he too expensive, or do you prefer someone else?

My opinion:
He has a good touch, pass, skill, shooting, head, and he's strong. I think he'd be a good replacement for Xavi, he's expensive but he's worth it. The guy is also only 22, I think he will have a very bright future if he gets the right amount of playing time.

Nasri — 2015-04-02T17:25:26Z — #2

He is good player. But he is not the type of midfielder Barca need. I prefer Pjanic.

Kishore — 2015-04-02T17:36:30Z — #3

It is hard to ignore such talent. He will soon become the best midfielder in the world. But personally, I prefer Verratti over him.

Aagat — 2015-04-02T17:41:21Z — #4

Any team would be happy to have Pogba in their team but we have to ask a very important questions before getting excited.

1. Where would he play? We're covered in DM position with Busi, Mache and Samper coming up. That's world's best pivot, world's best destroyer and a very promising player from our own academy.

2. He's not really an attacking midfielder so he's unlikely to assume "Iniesta" role as well. Plus we already have Rafinha who's waiting in the wings for AM slot. So I think he's unlikely to be a regular starter in that position either.

3. Now the only remaining slot would be "Xavi" role, but he's not really a orchestrator. So unless we drastically alter our playing style to accommodate him, I don't see him being a starter at barca right now

A lot can change by the time we are able to sign him, but he is definitely not a clear fit for our template.So basically if we sign Pogba, he won't be signed as Xavi replacement, but rather as a completely different player for completely different style of play.

Add to the fact that we are banned from signing any players and this is probably a stunt to get votes in upcoming election and the whole Pogba to Barça doesn't look as rosy.

FlaFCB — 2015-04-02T17:42:55Z — #5

If I could choose, I'd sign Verratti. But I can see Pogba being a favorite for LE. He'd fit his Barça.

Adam_Wallace — 2015-04-02T18:03:42Z — #6

Nope i dont want him he would cost close to 100 million to sign him And then the biggest problem is he wouldnt fit into our system so we will end up with another cesc situation on our hands were we are trying to shoehorn him into our team without much effect and like with thiago end up losing quality youth players ie rafinha due to it. If we were to try for anyone id go for koke i think his release is around 60 million

Arvin — 2015-04-02T18:04:35Z — #7

Very good points, you've changed my view on getting him, I guess I didn't think about it in the long-term.

Imran — 2015-04-02T18:34:50Z — #8

I would love Pogba or Koke in blaugrauna jersey. But I don't want any midfielder to sign for some reasons.

With Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano and Rakitic, I think we have enough experienced midfielders. Now there's Rafinha and Samper. Luis Enrique trusts Rafinha a lot. He also shows promises to become next best midfielder. The best thing about him is he is different from both Xavi and Iniesta in many ways. He offers something different. And then there's Samper. As a barca fan, I've been waiting for years to have him first team.

If new midfielders come, he will shrink Samper's and Rafa's chances in first team. I think it'll be unfair for them. I rather take risks with these La Masia kids rather than a 80m new signing. And there's also Halilovic and Denis Suarez though it's highly unlikely all three of them - Denis, Rafa and Alen will be ended up first team in the same time.

Moose — 2015-04-02T18:41:44Z — #9

He's a very good player and sutable for this style of play tall and strong , strong shooting and very skillful , he'll add strenth and quality for out midfield , but his price shouldn't be more than 50 millions cause paying more is just ridicolous

Kishore — 2015-04-02T18:41:50Z — #10

Pogba can play 'Iniesta' role in our system. He is a good dribbler and plays effective through balls. But you are right, we don't need him when we already have Rafinha, Denis Suarez and Halilovic coming up through the ranks.

George_Costanza — 2015-04-02T18:54:55Z — #11

Many options for Barcelona's midfield and I would think it will be easier to sign Pogba than others although it will cost us.

So for me, it's more realistic to get Pogba or Gundogan.

Imran — 2015-04-02T18:57:59Z — #12

Coutinho really? I think Rafa or Alen can do better than him by the time he proves himself to Lfc.

Raru9 — 2015-04-03T05:47:44Z — #13

Veratti fit better than Paul in the Barcelona's style of game.

PS: Sorry for my bad English.

Kishore — 2015-04-03T05:50:26Z — #14

No one can replace Xavi but i would like to try Gundogan at Xavi's position. I have no idea how well has he recovered from his injury but i feel he is worth a gamble.

Kishore — 2015-04-03T06:25:17Z — #15

Coutinho is very underrated by fans. He is already Liverpool's best player along with Sterling this season. It's a joy to watch him play.

Leonardo — 2015-04-03T09:02:24Z — #16

Well, there was one who could replace Xavi... board sold him to Bayern though.

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-03T13:05:35Z — #17

Exactly this board
I just fu***** hate them
Thiago was Xavi's heir
But we must look past that now
Sergi Samper
Born and Bred in Barcelona,
Played for each and every youth team of the club
Knows La Masia well
He's got Blaugrana Blood in his veins and if Kroos wasn't bought to give a chance to Samper then I can live that.
He is amazing.
Impressive player with sky high potential.
And people forget that even Xavi started as a DM and had to wait for his chance.
But I don't think Lucho likes samper a lot.
A pity

George_Costanza — 2015-04-03T14:07:09Z — #18

He is an injury prone, how many games did he play since he joined? Total of 16 league games.

He moved few year ago, lets move on too.

Zin — 2015-04-03T14:30:28Z — #19

I don't get this buying craze for midfielders we're all after. For attackers, I can understand. There is something transcendent about an attacking player like Luis Suarez. When it comes to the midfield however, what makes Barcelona unique is the mindset that permeates through every midfielder from Infantil B to the first team. Buying loads of midfielders who are good without any vision of what the team is going to do will complete the transformation of the identity of the club.

nassifnajdat — 2015-04-03T14:35:20Z — #20

Verratti is the one who suits Barca the most out there now, his movement, passing and pressing are very good, the most important his game reading, he reminds me of Xavi style in the way he looks around to get better look and prepare his next move
i think he is the best