Our next midfielder

Transfers
DarrenFCB — 2015-04-02T08:41:34Z — #1

How many midfielders can Barca possibly be linked to, i think were trying to set the record. I see so many people with so many different opinions on who our next midfielder should be. For me, I would love Verrati more than anyone. He is exceptional on the ball, controls the game well (ex: Chelsea game), and he has a little be of an edge to his game that I like. But theres 1 problem, and its a big 1.... PSG are absolute douchebags when it comes to us. Will not negotiate. Just seems like we will never be able to snag one of their players unless we pay a ridiculous fee, which as you know by now, our club cannot afford to be doing anytime soon. Who would you guys sign?

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-02T09:35:14Z — #2

Knowing Lucho
If he stays as club coach
We will end up buying Lars Bender or another defensive midfielder
He doesn't want players like Kroos
On the other hand Real Madrid are getting all the creative Midfielders themselves.
I hope we can snatch Pogba.
Will be great but I don't see it happening
Mundo deportivo is just full of lies about all that secret plan crap

Leonardo — 2015-04-02T11:17:22Z — #3

I think it's as Elcapitanpulgas says, it depends if Lucho even stays at the club.
As for who I want, I'm a Reus fan so I hope he's one of the players we end up getting (considering he can play as AM).
Getting Verrati would be too hard, dealing with PSG does not come as being an easy task.
Pogba.. well his agent did say he wouldnt go to Real Madrid, so there's some hope on him still.. I do feel that if he stays at Juventus past this Summer window, he'll be ours.

DarrenFCB — 2015-04-02T11:25:15Z — #4

real madrid would obviously be the biggest challenger for pogba, so thats a good thing. psg and him staying are our 2 biggest competitors. should be interesting

Zin — 2015-04-02T14:47:10Z — #5

Look no further than our backyard. We don't need any of them with the likes of Halilovic and Sergi Samper waiting in the stables, eager to be unleashed. That's two midfielders right there who can come in and develop, like we allowed Iniesta, Xavi, and Busquets to.

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-02T15:17:51Z — #6

Completely agree with what Zin says
Samper is awesome
But i think Lucho doesn't like such midfielders
he seems a fan of players like Ramires,Matic
However if he manages to Sign Koke its a big plus
as Koke has it all
Stamina Ball Control Positioning
everything you need in a CM

Stelios_Antonis_Kara — 2015-04-02T18:59:50Z — #7

In case Lucho stays, he will definitely ask for someone like Koke. The psysical game that he prefers demand players like the Spaniard. The biggest dream for of course me is to see a Samper-Denis-Rafinha midfield formation but if I had an option to buy someone I would say Koke.

samperisme — 2015-04-02T19:09:46Z — #8

If you would buy someone i prefer Koke.Other than that I prefer seeing more of Rafa, Samper, Denis, Alen... They are awesome and must have a chance. It would be a dream seeing La Masia midfield tbh. and I think they have a great future here hopefully.

CoolCuler — 2015-04-02T19:24:29Z — #9

Marco Reus or Di Maria if Lucho stays IMO

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-02T19:27:06Z — #10

Yeah that's a possibility
Reus can play the Iniesta role
Hes a Barca fan
So no problems in that respect
But I think only in the summer of 2016 will he decide to move
Do maria keeps losing the ball
Not a possibility of him signing with us
He's too scrappy for the Barca play

Leonardo — 2015-04-02T20:48:30Z — #11

Both fit perfectly on Lucho's system, even if Lucho doesn't stay we should push for Reus. Mainly because I'm a fanboy of him smiley , he could play in the "Iniesta" position in the future

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-03T11:32:53Z — #12

Same here
Reus is impeccable.
But i hope he finds his way around these injuries
The guy is Barcelona quality and really wishes to move there.
He'll go down well with Cules as apparently he rejected Real Madrid

ambuobaid — 2015-04-03T15:02:20Z — #13

my opinion is to buy a midfielder that has motive and hungry to win trophies. for example in 2008-2009 era we had alot of players that were hungry to win the champions league pique , alves , abidal , yaya, henry , iniesta , xavi , messi , etc.. they were all hungry to win. same thing in 2011 with villa . the motive in the transfer windows is very crucial .

alizein — 2015-04-03T17:16:34Z — #14

Sign Mateo Kovacic. He's quick, young, superb on and off the ball. ScoutNation did a brilliant video on him and he seems to have shades of Leo in him with the touch of the ball. Obviously no Andres or Xavi but it's better than being linked to Lars Bender or Pogba, two midfielders that do not suit the system that Barca is usually known for. As well as that, Barca and Lucho should promote Samper.

Elcapitanpulga — 2015-04-04T10:14:07Z — #15

Completely agree this is the video I think Alizein was talking about https://youtu.be/lvfkyGCiiaU